If you or someone you love is hurt in a truck accident, hiring a lawyer is very important. If you believe you are entitled to compensation for any personal injury accident, having an attorney represent your interests is always a good idea. It is especially important when you have a truck accident claim, because those are very complicated cases.
Here’s Why You Need a Lawyer to Litigate a Truck Accident Claim
Of the many reasons to hire an attorney to litigate your truck accident claim, here are the top 4 reasons a Long Beach lawyer should assist you.:
- Lawyers understand trucking laws. To receive compensation, a plaintiff has to prove a trucker or trucking company was negligent. Proving a trucker violated trucking laws is a shortcut to proving negligence. Once you show a trucking law was broken, the burden is on the trucker to prove either he wasn’t negligent or his legal violation didn’t cause the crash. Attorneys know trucking laws and will be able to determine if any were broken.
- Attorneys know legal/court rules. There are strict rules if you litigate a truck accident claim in court. These include a time limit for filing truck accident claims. A lawyer knows when to file a case, how to present evidence, how to a designate witness as an expert, and how to submit motions. Legal technicalities can get a case dismissed and stop an accident victim from getting compensated.
- Insurance companies try to avoid payouts. Truck drivers and trucking companies are represented by insurers whose goal is to pay accident victims the smallest amount possible. Never trust an insurer, not even your own, to be on your side, and never sign anything given to you by an insurer without having a lawyer review it. Your financial security could be at stake after a truck accident. You may have high medical bills and permanent injuries that effect you future earning capacity. An attorney’s job is to use the legal system to help victims get the full amount of money they are entitled to in order to be “made whole” after a truck crash.
- Complexity of truck accident cases. Trucks weigh up to 80,000 pounds and the force and momentum from a truck crash can be deadly. Victims deserve to be fully compensated for what are often serious or deadly injuries. Insurance companies have teams of investigators who will quickly be gathering evidence. A truck accident victim needs a team on his side to obtain accident scene evidence and records, before they disappear.
Do not take a chance on getting less than you deserve, or no compensation at all. Get the legal help you need litigating your truck accident claim.
Get Help From a Long Beach Truck Accident Lawyer
Your Injuries are Personal to Me
As a Long Beach personal injury lawyer who only represents injured victims, I am serious about helping clients get the compensation they deserve. I understand trucking laws and the special complexities of truck accident claims and I will bring my extensive legal experience to your case.
Call the Law Office of Michael D. Waks at 888-394-1174 or use the convenient online contact form to schedule a free consultation. You are under no obligation and you will never pay any money unless you recover damages for your injuries.
I offer bilingual services as part of my comprehensive approach to legal representation and I am available 24/7 to talk to you about your case.
- Filing a Truck Accident Claim? Avoid These Common Mistakes - October 13, 2021
- What to Do If the LAPD Won’t File a Traffic Collision Report - October 6, 2021
- What Kinds of Experts Might Strengthen My Car Accident Claim? - September 29, 2021