Wet floors, inadequate lighting, and uneven pavement are just a few conditions that can cause a slip and fall accident in Southern California. If you have been unfortunate enough to be injured when you slipped, tripped, and fell, contact Long Beach slip and fall lawyer Michael D. Waks for representation.
For a free consultation, dial (888) 394-1174. If you are unable to come to us, we will come to you.
What You Must Prove in a Slip and Fall Claim
Many people assume if they are injured on someone else’s property, the property owner or occupier is automatically liable. As your Long Beach slip and fall attorney will explain, the property owner or occupier is liable only if certain conditions existed at the time of the accident.
Specifically, you will have to prove that the defendant had constructive or actual knowledge of the hazard, and failed to warn you about the hazard or to remedy it within a reasonable timeframe. You will then have to prove that the hazard caused your damages, as well as the kinds of damages incurred and their value.
What Sets Our Practice Apart from Other Premises Liability Law Firms?
Michael D. Waks has more than three decades of experience, extensive knowledge of California laws, and a steadfast dedication to providing compassionate representation. Over the years, he has forged a hard-earned track record of success both in and out of court, securing life-changing settlements and verdicts for clients.
Here are a few more qualities that set Michael Waks apart from other lawyers in Southern California:
- Honesty: We’re often asked, “What is my claim worth?” Some attorneys will tell you exactly what you want to hear, leaving you blindsided when disputes and other complications bring your case to a halt. Michael Waks will give you an honest assessment of your claim, identifying its strengths and weaknesses and helping you take steps to mitigate or counter disputes that arise.
- Tailored Representation: A one-size-fits-all approach might work for your sock collection, but it has no place in personal injury law. Michael D. Waks understands that every case is unique, and that success often hinges on developing legal strategies tailored to the specific circumstances of your claim. Ultimately, our goal is not just to help you achieve a successful outcome in your case but also to make sure the process is as stress-free as possible for you and your loved ones.
- Litigation Experience: If the opposing party refuses to agree to a fair settlement, Michael Waks has the litigation experience to represent your interests during litigation.
- Accessible: Whether you want an update on the progress of your case, have questions about the claims process, or just need assurances that everything is on track, Michael will make every effort to be available to answer your calls, text messages, and emails.
- Proven Negotiation Strategies: At the Law Office of Michael D. Waks, we are intimately familiar with the types of strategies used by insurers during negotiations to reduce or deny claims. This arms our legal team with the knowledge to help you succeed—during negotiations, the early stages of litigation, or trial.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
These accidents are second only to auto accidents as the leading cause of injuries throughout the United States. That makes them incredibly common.
In legal terms, slip and fall accidents are also known as premises liability accidents.
The laws relating to these types of cases are specific to California, including Long Beach and all surrounding Southern California cities. The following are some potential hazards that may lead to a slip and fall accident:
- Uneven or displaced sidewalks
- Broken steps or handrails
- Slippery liquid on the floor of a store
- Improperly stacked merchandise
- Pothole in a parking lot
If you or a loved one was injured due to a slip and fall accident, you should not hesitate to contact a Long Beach personal injury attorney. The Law Office of Michael D. Waks has the experience and resources necessary to help you navigate the legal system. Michael Waks is an aggressive premises liability attorney who has helped clients obtain millions of dollars in compensation. Call (888) 394-1174 to preserve your legal rights.
Contact a Slip and Fall Attorney in Long Beach, CA for a Free Consultation
Michael D. Waks understands how suffering an injury can lead to tremendous hardship for both the victims and their families. He has dedicated his career to helping those in this unfortunate situation hold the at-fault parties financially accountable for their negligence in all types of cases, including slip and fall cases.
Michael has in-depth knowledge of the case law, proceedings, and statutes pertaining to personal injury cases, and will know the most effective strategies to employ in your fight for a fair settlement or verdict. During your initial consultation, Michael can assess your claim, discuss which damages may be available to you and your family, and provide the advice you need to make informed decisions.
The initial consultation is free, and Michael D. Waks works on a contingency-fee basis, so you won’t owe him any fees unless he achieves a successful outcome in your case. To speak with a slip and fall attorney in Long Beach, call (888) 394-1174.