When you are hurt in a slip and fall accident, you can make a claim to obtain compensation. Hiring a lawyer is a smart option because your lawyer can assist with all the legal steps you need to make your case.
One of the most important things an attorney can do is to connect you with a network of experts who can help you win your slip and fall case. Putting expert witnesses on the stand can make a big difference in whether a jury awards you compensation, and can affect the amount of compensation you end up receiving.
The Key Experts Who Can Help Win Your Slip and Fall Case
There are lots of different experts who could help you win your slip and fall case, but four of the key witnesses in personal injury litigation arising from a fall include:
- Building inspectors, engineers, or architects who know the local code: In order to win a slip and fall case, you have to prove the property owner was negligent in some way that directly caused you to be injured. If a building inspector or other building industry professional testifies there was a code violation, this can create a presumption the property owner was negligent.
- Accident reconstruction specialists: Accident reconstruction specialists have scientific backgrounds that help them work backwards to determine exactly how an accident happened. Based on evidence from the scene of the fall, they can paint a picture for the jury of the sequence of events leading to the fall that harmed you.
- Flooring and traction experts: Traction experts know floors and understand how the coefficient of friction affects the safety of flooring. The coefficient of friction is calculated by dividing the drag necessary to move objects along a surface by the object’s weight. The lower the coefficient of friction, the more slippery the floor is, and the less safe it is to walk on the floor.
- Medical and vocational experts: The job of these expert witnesses is to estimate your ongoing medical costs and your ongoing earnings losses. These are important in determining the full extent of your damages.
Finding the right experts is difficult for slip and fall victims, who generally have no experience with premises liability laws and who may not fully understand what must be proved to win a lawsuit. A knowledgeable attorney can identify expert witnesses who can present complex information in laymen’s terms and who can present evidence in a compelling way to a jury.
Get Help Finding Expert Witnesses from a Long Beach Lawyer
Your Injuries are Personal to Me
My law practice represents victims of slip and fall accidents. Over decades of representing clients, I have established a wide network of expert witnesses who help lay the foundation for a strong slip and fall case. I will personally select the right experts for your case and ensure they are prepared to testify on your behalf when you file a civil lawsuit for slip and fall damages.
Call the Law Office of Michael D. Waks at 888-394-1174 or use the convenient online contact form to schedule a free consultation. You are under no obligation and you will never pay any money unless you recover damages for your injuries. I offer bilingual services as part of my comprehensive approach to legal representation and I am available 24/7 to talk to you about your case.
- How Do You Prove Liability for a Motorcycle Accident? - September 8, 2021
- What Kinds of Damages Can You Include in a Brain Injury Claim? - September 1, 2021
- Hurt Your Back in a Truck Accident? What You Need to Know - August 3, 2021