If you were injured in a car crash, you may be wondering whether you should hire a personal injury lawyer. There are many factors to consider when making this decision. Here are a few of the most important ones to help you get started:
- The Severity of Your Injuries: If you have been seriously injured, you may need help navigating the legal system and getting the compensation you deserve. A personal injury lawyer can help you understand your rights and options, and they can fight for you to get the best possible outcome.
- The Cost of Your Medical Bills: Medical bills can be expensive, especially if you have been seriously injured. A personal injury lawyer can help you get your medical bills paid covered. They may also be able to help you get compensation for other expenses, as well, like lost wages and pain and suffering.
- The Insurance Company’s Reputation: The insurance company for the driver who caused the crash may try to minimize your claim or deny it altogether. A personal injury lawyer can help you negotiate with them and fight for the compensation you deserve. If they have a reputation for challenging legitimate claims, it’s worth seeking legal counsel.
What Can a Car Accident Attorney Do for Me?
If you do decide to enlist counsel for help with your car accident claim, you can count on your legal team to do the following:
- Investigate the Accident: Your lawyer will gather evidence to determine who was at fault for the accident. This evidence may include police reports, witness statements, and photographs of the scene.
- Negotiate with the Insurance Adjuster: Your lawyer will handle all correspondence with the insurance company in pursuit of the compensation you deserve. This may include funds for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- File a Lawsuit: If the insurance company refuses to pay you what you are owed, your lawyer may file a lawsuit on your behalf. This can be a complex process, but your attorney will be there to guide you through it every step of the way.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not have to pay anything upfront. Your lawyer will only get paid if they are able to recover money for you. The typical contingency fee is about 33% of the total recovery.
How Do I Find a Good Personal Injury Lawyer?
There are a few things you can do to find a good personal injury lawyer, including:
- Asking for referrals from friends, family, or colleagues;
- Checking with your state bar association; and
- Searching online. There are a number of websites that can help you find personal injury lawyers in your area.
When you interview potential lawyers, be sure to ask about their experience, their fees, and their success rate. You should also feel comfortable with the lawyer and confident that they will fight for you to get the compensation you deserve.
Call (562) 206-1939 to Discuss Your Case with a Long Beach Car Accident Attorney
Your Injuries Are Personal to Me
If you need a car accident lawyer in Long Beach, turn to the Law Office of Michael D. Waks. Attorney Waks has been representing the injured and their families for more than 30 years. Call (562) 206-1939 or submit our Contact Form to schedule a free initial consultation.
Download Our Car Crash Emergency Response. PDF
Our Car Crash Emergency Response .pdf contains a comprehensive checklist that you can refer to when recording the scene should you ever find yourself in another wreck. Download and print a copy and keep it in your glove box at all times, so you’re always prepared. You can find it HERE for free.
- Compensation for Medical Expenses in Personal Injury Claims: California Guidelines - September 27, 2023
- Common Types of Injuries in Slip and Fall Accidents - September 20, 2023
- Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents in California and How to Prevent Them - September 13, 2023