Burn Injury Victims Can Get Help from a Long Beach Personal Injury Attorney
A burn is a serious and traumatic injury. The pain is excruciating and victims may be permanently disfigured or scarred. Burn injuries occur suddenly, at work, as a result of a car or motorcycle accident or through negligence, like faulty wiring in an apartment.
In the United States, approximately 2.4 million burn injuries are reported every year. Medical professionals treated approximately 650,000 burn injuries, 75,000 of which required hospitalization. Many of those burn injury victims were here in Long Beach, Los Angeles and surrounding Southern California areas.
If you or a loved one was the victim of a burn injury accident in the Long Beach or Greater Los Angeles area, call Los Angeles personal injury attorney Michael Waks at (562) 206-1939 to discuss your case.
How Severe Are Burn Injuries?
Burns can range from minor to severe, and no two burns are alike. Burns are classified to signify the severity:
- First-degree burns are superficial involving only the outer layer of skin, the epidermis. The burn is red and painful.
- Second-degree burns go deeper, penetrating the second layer of skin, the dermis. The burn causes blisters and pain, and may result in scarring.
- Third-degree burns go through the skin and into the tissue. The burn causes charring of the skin and possible extensive scarring.
- Fourth-degree burns are the most severe. The burn destroys the skin and damages the muscle, fascia or bone.
Four main types of burn injuries:
- Thermal – caused by contact with flame, heat or scalding liquid
- Chemical – caused by exposure to a chemical or its fumes
- Radiation – caused by exposure to radiant energy from sunlight, x-rays or radiation
- Electrical – caused by contact with electricity or lightening
Whatever type of burn you have, it is important to seek legal help from an experienced burn injury accident attorney. The Law Office of Michael D. Waks can help you through this extremely difficult time by making sure you are properly cared for, supported, and compensated. Call (562) 206-1939 to discuss your legal rights.
Contact a Long Beach Burn Injury Attorney Today
Michael Waks’ personal injury law practice is based on the principle of providing each client with strong, compassionate representation. He handles each case personally to ensure you receive the benefits of hiring an expert burn injury accident attorney.
Contact the Law Office of Michael D. Waks for a free confidential consultation. Michael is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Calling does not obligate you to hire Michael. If you do hire Michael, you don’t pay any fees unless you win.